Beginning with the Spring/Summer 2020 license renewal cycle, the following is the baseline number of professional development educators will owe for license renewal:
- Licensees Holding National Board for Professional Teachers Certification: 60 hours (if serving in an administrative role, 1 Administrator Academy per year is also required)
- Teachers who are not National Board Certified: 120 hours
- School Support Personnel who are not National Board Certified or not IDFPR or nationally licensed*: 120 hours
*Holding IDFPR or applicable national licensure will fulfill all 120 hours of professional development for school support personnel.
- Administrators who are not National Board Certified: 100 hours + 1 Administrator Academy per fiscal year
In an effort to help you earn your required hours, ROE26 offers the professional development tools to succeed through its workshops, face-to-face trainings, conferences, and partnerships to offer online opportunities.
All PD opportunities available to area educators, including those offered by our own PD Consortium, WIU, WCISEC, Illinois Virtual School, state conferences, and other PD partners are included below in the calendar.
Upcoming PD Opportunties
A two hour prep class for individuals with a High School Diploma or equivalent seeking ...
Participants will learn about attachment, attunement, social play and baby doll circle ...
Topics covered will include: Professionalism Legal and ethical issues, Special educatio...
- ROE26 and ROE33 PD Consortium (opens in new window)
- What it Takes Conference for Teachers and Administrators (opens in new window)
- TAOEP Professional Development Project (opens in new window)
- Illinois Virtual School Online Professional Development (opens in new window)
- ELN - EdLeaders Network (opens in new window)
- WIU Department of Curriculum and Instruction Graduate Programs (opens in new window)
- OSF Mental Health Webinars (opens in new window)
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (opens in new window)
- KIDS: Every Illinois Child Ready for Kindergarten (opens in new window)
- IARSS: IL-Empower Learning Partner
- Photos from Trainings and Workshops
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.