The Regional Office of Education #26 serves area teachers and administrators with all aspects of their licensure needs. Our office provides assistance with license applications, renewals/registrations, adding endorsements and improvements on existing licenses, and utilizing the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS).
In order to contact the Licensure Department at ROE26, please email [email protected].
- Steps for Substitute License Application
- Substitute Teacher Application
- Substitute Reimbursement Information
- Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status
- Statement of Good Health
- MDH Family Clinic New Teacher and Substitute Physical Form
- License Renewal Help Guide
Short Term Substitute License
- Short Term Substitute License
- Scroll down on ISBE page to section titled Short Term Substitute License.
- Click the down arrow to reveal information.
- Short Term Substitute License Application Requirements
- At least 19 years of age
- One of the following:
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- 60 semester hours of coursework
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS Parapro
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Workkeys:
- Applied Mathematics/Applied Math (with a score of 4)
- Reading for information/Workplace Documents (with a score of 4)
Notes: Paraprofessional licenses are valid for 5 years, and may be renewed with the payment of registration fees. If you hold a Paraprofessional License and have a Bachelor’s Degree on file, you are qualified to be a substitute teacher
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.