Regional Office Youth Alternative Learning Services
Safe Schools and Alternative Programs
The mission of ROYALS, Regional Office Youth Alternative Learning Services, is to guide students in achieving academic success and post-secondary success. ROYALS provide a safe environment in which high-quality education is delivered and high-quality learning takes place. Students understand that attending regularly, making quality academic progress and displaying positive behaviors are all part of school success. ROYALS staff serve as mentors in guiding students to make positive, meaningful choices that will impact their future in a favorable manner.
The vision of ROYALS is to assist students in achieving academic success and finding pathways to a successful future. ROYALS students will become productive members of the community.
Our Safe Schools and Alternative Programs are designed to meet the needs of individual learners. Safe School programs serve students who have been expelled or who have served multiple suspensions due to serious and/or repeated misconduct. Our Alternative programs are designed to serve students for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to credit recovery and chronic truancy. Our programs are offered throughout the Regional Office of Education #26 service area. Contact your home district regarding a referral to attend one our the learning sites.
- ROYALS Academy/Macomb (Macomb/Gamage Building)
- ROYALS RSSP/Macomb (Macomb/Gamage Building)
- ROYALS Academy/Carthage (Carthage)
- ROYALS RSSP/Carthage (Carthage)
- ROYALS RSSP/Canton (Canton/McCall School)
- ROYALS Academy/Canton-McCall (Canton/McCall School)
Remote Learning Plan
- ROYALS Remote Learning Plan
Note: Our Remote Learning Plan goes into effect if the site is closed and unable to serve students onsite.
Forms - School Use Only
The forms below are fillable PDFs. For best results, download each form to your computer and open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Safe Schools/Alternative Education Referral Form (completed by home district)
- Student/Parent Enrollment Form (completed by student/parent)
- Student/Parent Agreement Form (completed by student/parent)
- Optional Education Programs/Individual Optional Education Plan (to be completed by teacher, student, and parent/Academy or RSSP)
Absenteeism and Truancy Policy
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
ROYALS wants you to remain safe. If you think you may harm yourself, contact the National Suicide Hotline:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.