Frequently Asked Questions
Early Beginnings supports families and their children birth to age three who are at-risk for developmental delay that could lead to future academic failure. Contributing factors of being at-risk include but are not limited to: low income, teen parent, single parent with little support, children being premature at birth, or low education level of care giver. Child and Family Connections serve families and children under the age of three who are experiencing delays in development 30% or greater or have been diagnosed with medical conditions which involve a high probability of developmental delay.
Early Beginnings conduct basic hearing and vision screenings through a overall healthscreening that consists of an observational checklist and depends greatly on parent report. Aphoto screener is also available to conduct non-diagnostic vision testing and staff use theEro-Scan screener to conduct OAE screening (inner ear screening). As with developmental screenings, if a concern is noted, Early Beginnings staff will make the appropriate referral.
Parent Educators at Early Beginnings provide developmental activities, education, andresources for parents and caregivers through home-based visits and center programs. Theytrack developmental milestones of children birth to age three and encourage families to getinvolved in their children’s development. Parent Educators at Early Beginnings are certifiedto use the Parent as Teachers model for program services and the Parents as TeachersFoundational research-based curriculum. Parent Educators’ approach to personal visits focuson parent-child interaction, development-centered parenting and family well-being. The four main goals of the Parents as Teachers model are to:
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve parentingpractices.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase children’s school readiness and school success.
Phone: (309) 731-4395
Email: [email protected]
- Referral Form (opens in new window)
- Early Beginnings Brochure (English) (opens in new window)
- Early Beginnings Brochure (Spanish) (opens in new window)
- Early Beginnings Brochure (French) (opens in new window)
- Early Beginnings Tear Away Flyer (opens in new window)
- Social Services Guides by County (opens in new window)
- FAQs (opens in new window)
- Contact Our Staff
- Staff Forms (opens in new window)
- Early Beginnings Photos
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.