Members of the Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee have selected the theme, “What does it mean to love your country?” for the 2021-2022 Grand Lodge Americanism Essay Contest.
This very important Patriotic Contest gives school children in grades 5-8 the opportunity to express views on their pride in America.
1. Eligible participants must be Students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
2. Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
3. Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
4. Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
5. Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques will be awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Winners will be announced at the Grand Lodge Session in Atlanta, GA, July 3–6, 2022.
Essay should be submitted to local Elks Lodge on/before December 15, 2021.
Download the Cover Sheet and Essay Rules Form
Documents should be returned electronically to Sharon A. Sample at [email protected]