#527-24 ROE 26 SEL PLC
TITLE: ROE 26 SEL PLC
EVENT #: 527-24
DATE(S): 11/21/23, 12/19/23, 01/09/24, 02/13/24, 03/12/24, 04/09/24
TIME(S): 8:30 am - 10:00 am
LOCATION(S): ROE 26 Large Conference Rm / 130 S. Lafayette St. Suite 200 / Macomb, IL
- Note: This is a hybrid meeting, so attendees may join in person OR remotely via Zoom
PRESENTER(S): Kate Mallory
INTENDED AUDIENCE: ROE 26 area school social workers, counselors, psychologists, truancy officers, and support staff
PD HOURS: 12
- Note: PD Hours will be offered after the last session as one total depending on how many sessions attended - each individual session is 1.5 PD Hours
- This Social-Emotional Professional Learning Community is geared towards School Counselors, Social Workers, and Psychologists. Starting in September and running through April 2024, we will spend one morning a month together for 1.5 hours brainstorming how to address current SEL situations occurring at the various schools and discussing social-emotional learning supports for students including:
- Trauma-responsive practices
- The stress response and how it affects social skills and learning (Brain regulation strategies - Dr. Bruce Perry)
- Educator wellness, mindfulness practices, compassion fatigue, etc.
- We will also host a Community Resource spotlight speaker requested from the group about community resources that will benefit schools and students and their families.
QUESTIONS? Please email [email protected] to contact Melinda, the Professional Learning Coordinator for the ROE 26 & ROE 33 Professional Development Consortium.
- Office of Regional Superintendent
- Meet Our Staff
- Organizational Chart (opens in new window)
- Locations/Contact Info
- Board of Trustees
- IL Legislators
- Local, State, and National News
- Work Permit
- ROE26 Newsletters
- Social Services Guides by County
- Data Privacy and SOPPA
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.